Founded in 2011, SpiroChem AG is a Swiss fine chemicals company, based in Basel, Switzerland. We are specialized in the design, synthesis, production and commercialization of innovative building blocks for Drug Discovery. With cutting-edge know-how in drug design and proprietary process chemistry technologies, SpiroChem has become the ideal collaboration partner for large, medium and small pharmaceutical, agrochemical and life science companies. Our clients are located worldwide, including the top 20 pharma companies.
Research Associate – Organic Synthesis
Location: Mattenstrasse 24, Rosental area, 4058 Basel, Switzerland
Starting date: asap.
Gross Salary: 50’000 – 60’000 euros per year
In this position, you will design, plan, and perform advanced discovery research projects and custom synthesis projects. You will generate and evaluate data, interpret, and report results, draw conclusions and write reports.
Specifically, you will provide support to the laboratory department by performing and/or coordinating a variety of laboratory processes:
- Perform multi-step small molecule organic synthesis experimentation (mg to 100g scale).
- Help in maintaining stocks of special building blocks.
- Recognize technical issues and propose solutions.
- Write technical reports.
- Prepare weekly progress reports and present during project meetings.
- Ensure a careful and diligent application of HS&E standards in daily work.
- Master degree in synthetic organic chemistry. No PhD
- Demonstrated laboratory skills and technical expertise in the field of synthetic organic chemistry.
- Industrial experience preferred, but not mandatory.
- Versatility in common IT applications (Microsoft office).
- Proficient use of scientific databases (SciFinder, Reaxys), chemistry softwares (ChemDraw, ChemInventory) and electronic laboratory journal (E-Notebook).
- Excellent organizational skills and accuracy in experimental documentation.
- Good communications skills and fluency in English. Knowledge of German may be of advantage.
- Teamwork/Interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects efficiently.
What SpiroChem offers:
- A stimulating working environment in a fast-growing high-tech SME, with challenging projects and exciting internal R&D.
- The possibility for development and advancement within our dynamic organization.
How to contact us:
Send your CV including references and cover letter to Dr. Florent Beaufils at email@example.com