Founded in 2011, SpiroChem AG is a contract research organization based in Basel, Switzerland. We are specialized in Lead Optimization. SpiroChem has now become the ideal collaboration partner for Biotech outsourcing strategy.
Research Chemist – Organic Synthesis
Location: Mattenstrasse 24, Rosental area, 4058 Basel, Switzerland
Starting date: asap.
In this position, you will design, plan and perform advanced discovery research projects and custom synthesis projects. You will generate and evaluate data, interpret and report results, draw conclusions and write reports.
The successful candidate is holding a PhD degree in synthetic organic chemistry.
Specifically, you will provide support to the laboratory department by performing and/or coordinating a variety of laboratory processes:
- Perform multi-step small molecule organic synthesis experimentation (mg to 100g scale).
- Develop / optimize synthetic routes.
- Provide technical leadership as subject matter expert for projects.
- Manage process optimization, process review, and brainstorming activities.
- Develop and manage a team of 2-4 research associates.
- Prepare weekly and biweekly reports and present during project meetings.
- Establish and foster good communication with our clients and present progress reports during T/C.
- Follow scientific and patent literature.
- elaborate scientific proposals/rationales upon RFP.
- PhD degree in synthetic organic chemistry.
- Demonstrated laboratory skills and technical expertise in the field of synthetic organic chemistry (scientific publications / patent applications).
- Industrial experience preferred.
- Versatility in common IT applications (Microsoft office).
- Proficient use of scientific databases (SciFinder, Reaxys), chemistry softwares (ChemDraw, ChemInventory) and electronic laboratory journal (E-Notebook).
- Excellent organizational skills and accuracy in experimental documentation.
- Good communications skills and fluency in English. Knowledge of German may be of advantage.
- Teamwork/Interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects efficiently.
What SpiroChem offers:
- A stimulating working environment in a fast-growing high-tech SME, with challenging projects and exciting internal R&D.
- The possibility for development and advancement within our dynamic organization.
How to contact us:
Send your CV including references and cover letter to Dr. Florent Beaufils at firstname.lastname@example.org